I’m glad to make a first announcement about some promising progress in sharing real score data between servers.
Few months ago we’ve started communication with Dmitry, R4WW the owner of the well known real score server cqcontest.net. We have agreed to cooperate on sharing score data. On the same time we received a beautiful initiative form Bruce, WA7BNM who came up with a brilliant idea of a score distribution server. The score distributor is meant as an easy way to post live scores to all active scoreboards:
1. The distribution server posts scores it receives to all scoreboards
2. It only posts scores to a scoreboard for a contest if that contest is supported by that scoreboard
3. It doesn’t post scores to a scoreboard, from which it received a score POST
That sounds like a beginning of real time score cluster. That wouldn’t be important which URL has been configured in a user loger since all the posts finally be delivered to ALL active score board servers supporting current contest.
Bruce just made my day by sending today a message saying a test version of the distribution server is ready to go! Now we are ready to test options 1-2 (score postings could be sent to a distribution server and after to be distributed between cqcontest.net and contestonlinescore.com servers).
We need volunteers who are ready to do the following:
2. configure your logger with the following real score server URL:
(username a password could be empty since we don’t use authentication during the first QA phase).
3. participate at least few hours in the coming contests: ARRL SS SSB and CQ WW CW
4. Share with us your experience about how things go with posting to both servers. Please pay attention to score posting timing. Are any delays with your score publishing on both servers? Is your logger posting status clear? Your feedback about anything else related to postings would be very appreciated.